Tension Type Headache (TTHA)
- Pain/Tension is of mild to moderate intensity.
- Pain/Tension is worst in the afternoon or early evening.
- The discomfort is felt on both sides of your head, at the base of your skull..
- Over-the-counter medication can cause some relief.
- Soft Tissue Manipulation is the most effective form of treatment.
- Pain lasts anywhere from 20 minutes to 7 days.
- Pain can become chronic, with throbbing sensations and nausea or vomiting.
- Physical activity doesn't increase the pain.
- Note that this type of headache is most common in women.
- We treat this type of headache through a combination of postural changes, stretches, soft tissue manipulation, chiropractic manipulative therapy, and ergonomic changes in work, home, and car environments.